The AC Brea Sparks Academy Soccer League enters its 9th year under the guidance of our technical director Matt Morse. The Sparks Academy has grown tremendously in this short time from 40 players in 2008 to over 250 players in 2016. We like to say that the Sparks program is a "soft" introduction to the sport of soccer for new or newer young players. With a focus on fun individual and team competition as well as individual player development Sparks offers a wonderful environment for a young player to grow their skills, character and love for the game of soccer!
Our Sparks Academy enrolls on a month to month basis and runs from February until the end of June
Practice and game days / times will remain consistent throughout the entire winter and spring
Sparks fees are collected on a monthly basis which means...
- A player can be registered at any time
- A player can drop at the end of any month
- A player can restart the program at any time
- The cost each month is $75
- For non-Brea residents there is a one time $15 city fee
- We collect enrollment for the next session at the end of each month.
- A Super-Cool Sparks Uniform...Including Jersey, Shorts & Socks
- Three days a week to participate in soccer
NEW PLAYER ENROLLMENT
- Register Online Now
- Using the link to your right
- Walk-Up Registrations Will Be Accepted At The Field
- We accept Cash, Check or Credit Cards
WHEN DOES IT START
- Monday February 6th, 2017
PRACTICE & GAME INFO
- Mondays & Wednesdays 4:00 - 5:15pm @ Brea Sports Park Field # 5
- Field # 5 is on the far east side of the sports park...where the basketball courts are
- All games will be on Saturday mornings
- 8:30 a.m. for the 3-5 year old age group
- 9:30 a.m. for all players 6 and up
- Practice and game days / times will remain consistent throughout the entire winter and spring
- Schedules are posted on our Google calendar - see the link on your right.
WHAT WILL MY CHILD NEED
- A properly inflated Soccer Ball
- Properly Inflated = An adult holding the ball with two hands should barely be able to press their thumbs into the ball
- The players name written on the ball in permanent marker
- Does my child have to attend all three sessions each week?
- No, we have designed the Sparks Academy to be an environment thats conducive to busy family schedules...we offer three days a week of soccer but in no way require attendance...come and go as it fits your schedule
- Does my child have to get a soccer ball?
- Yes, we do require this as a good portion of our developmental curriculum is skill work with an individual player and their ball
- Can I as a parent be on the field coaching or rooting my child on?
- No, we ask that parents remain on the perimeter of the playing surface and allow the children to be coached/taught by the professional staff on hand...the soccer field is the AC Brea coaches classroom
- Will my child be "heading" the ball?
- No, we do not allow the players at this age to head the ball nor will be working on this skill
Rainy Day Procedure
The City of Brea makes all decisions on opening or closing the fields we utilize for AC Brea Soccer…twice a day, at 8:00 a.m. and again at 2:00 p.m., the city updates its “Mud Line”… once we receive this information on days of rain we will update the Sparks Academy TeamSnap parent portal …however, parents are encouraged to call the Mud Line themselves for more timely information
Brea City Mud Line – (714) 671-4437
- Contact our Sparks Director Steve Tatone at 714-457-8515 or by email at email@example.com
Some final thoughts regarding our Sparks Academy...
We believe the best way to develop individual technical and tactical skills at younger ages is to play in “small-sided games”. All of the elements of a full 11v11 game can be found playing 4v4. We want to help these young players unlock the secrets of success by discovering the game at a simple level. The emphasis of the Sparks program is to focus on the technical development of the player in a fun, competitive and growth oriented environment while placing each player into a small group based on age and ability.